Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chris Pinder on baseball cards

Chris Pinder pitched for four seasons in the Orioles and Indians organizations, compiling a 16-14 record with 13 saves and a 3.23 ERA before injuries ended his career. Now a medical device salesman and the President of Big League Keychains, which makes keychains out of actual baseballs, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Ha well nothing real funny or crazy like our 2nd baseman Billy Rip....but I would grab a bat and stand there and then I would go right-handed when I was a lefty....nothing crazy... I was once another player when we got our cards. That would have been 1988 Hagerstown Suns..... I do not collect...I have baseballs and some pictures and bats... I do have a full set of 1990 Topps MLB... How much is that worth?"

Thanks! I couldn't find a picture of the 1988 Hagerstown card, but here is the one from 1989:

As for 1990 Topps, according to Wrigley Wax, the average price on ebay is around $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment