Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ken Smith on baseball cards

Ken Smith played eleven years of professional baseball, including three years in the majors with the Atlanta Braves. For the last eighteen years he has had a career in the automotive industry, and is currently a sales consultant at Bluff City Jaguar/Land Rover in Memphis. He kindly replied to my questions about baseball cards.

"Yes I do collect baseball cards, favorite cards are the whole set of the 1982 Atlanta Braves 13 game win streak to start the season."

Thanks! I believe the set he is referring to is the 1982 Braves Burger King Lids, but I couldn't find any pictures of it online. Perhaps Dayf or another Braves fan can confirm?
**UPDATE: Ken saw what I wrote and clarified:"What I have is a card of each player that played in the 13 game win streak."

Here is the one card of him I have in my collection, from 1983 Fleer.

No comments:

Post a Comment