Friday, October 2, 2009

Chris Rosenbaum on baseball cards

Chris Rosenbaum is a catcher in the Angels organization who hit .319 this year at Single-A Rancho Cucamonga. Rosenbaum, who has both a BS and an MBA from the University of Tampa, writes a blog called "Looking Through the Mask" that can be found at both MLBlogs and Wordpress. He kindly took the time to answer my questions about his baseball card experiences. "I used to collect baseball cards when I was younger. I think I stopped getting new ones around when I was 12. I still have them at my home in New York (I have been living in Tampa for the past five years) and will look through them from time to time. It's interesting seeing cards of people that are now coaches and managers in my organization, as well as others. I think there are only two things worth noting about the three cards that have been issued of me. On my 2007 Orem Owlz card, it mentions my accolades when I played at the University of Rochester (2003-2004). There was nothing mentioned about The University of Tampa (2005-2007), where I transferred to and completed my collegiate career.

The other tidbit to mention is that on my 2009 Rancho Cucamonga Quakes card, my birth date is listed incorrectly as 4-25-87. It should read 4-2-84. However, I'll never complain about appearing to be younger than I really am. It also says my hometown is Albany, NY. However, my hometown is Castleton, NY (a suburb of Albany). I don't know why these were the first year of these mistakes."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment