Monday, October 21, 2024

Two lots

Once again I've been tempted by some pretty cheap large lots on eBay. As fun as it is to get a big name vintage player, I also really love sorting and cataloguing and filing and trading large numbers of new cards.

Starting off with an all-Yankee lot. There were some interesting cards visible in the eBay photo and a large number of cards (~700) so I took a chance. I probably overpaid a bit because all that you see in the box below were junk wax. I should have known better.

Still, there were enough useful cards to make it an OK purchase. A few current Yankees including playoff heroes Giancarlo Stanton and Gleyber Torres. My 10-year-old has started getting into baseball with the Yankees in the playoffs, and he's latched on to Gleyber as a favorite. The Dodgers look unbeatable, but it's been a fun ride for the Yankees to get this far.
Some of the greats from the heyday of the late 1990s.
And some reprints from even greater Yankees from even longer ago.
Lots of Derek Jeter cards which was a big selling point for me. I need most of these because Jeters are hard to come by, especially locally.
I think I had most or all of these Mantles, but they're still cool to look at.
This was my favorite of the lot. A Yankee card with a 1940s New York skyline with the Empire State Building, Penn Station and a lot more.
The other lot was cheaper and had a lot more variety. Most of it was from the early 00s, useful for filling my own needs and for trade bait.
Some more great Yankees.
Shiny cards! These are all from the past few years.
Lots of fun photos. There was an extra of that Royal Futures card.
Finally, some unusual oddballs. Ukrop's is a Richmond-area food company. This was from a 1992 set. The cards are creased, but maybe someone can use that extra Justice? Maybe Johnny?


1 comment: