Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Vintage star cards roundup

 Looks like it's been three weeks since I did one of these posts. Three weeks of Greg Morris poor/filler star card auctions.

 

 I'm finding these to be the most effective way to add vintage star cards, older cards, high numbers and oddballs. Some are around $1 each, others more in the $3-5 range.

 

 This particular week I had to split into two photos  . . .

 

. . . because of all the Post cards. 

 

 Usually the biggest stars are still out of reach in those, but I managed to acquire a couple of big ones for the 1970 set. Aaron in particular looks like a wallet card that got laundered. 

Vintage singles from other sellers are harder to come by, perhaps because the more I get, the less I need. Managed to find a good price on a Joe Torre rookie card in a lot with two other Braves. I needed Joe Adcock too. He was quite a good hitter himself. Shaw is available if anyone needs him.

'56 Duke Snider with some minor issues.

Big week for Ernie Banks All Star cards. '58 . . .
. . . and '60,  with which I also picked up a '61 Maris MVP.
Finally a two-card lot from '54 Bowman. My first vintage Ralph Kiner card! He's on the Cubs which is not quite as good as his superstar days as a Pirate, but he's probably best remembered for the Mets, who weren't even a team when he was playing. Meanwhile Mel Clark is a fun card too with an exaggerated bunting pose.



2 comments:

  1. Good names in there and that Torre cup is a tough one to get on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprisingly, I'm partial to the Post's. I do like the Red Men quite a bit though too. And you are sure are finding some extremely well-loved Hank Aaron's as of late!

    ReplyDelete