Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Terrific package from Dime Boxes

Dime Boxes is another blogger whom I was able to hit a lot of PC needs now that my traders are all on TCDB. Like Gavin, he sent me an absolutely fantastic return package.

Lots of fun variety in modern cards. I'd never had an Inception card before. I like the design, even if it makes it look like an Oakland A's card.

I love unlicensed cards, and these shiny Nolan Ryans are terrific.
Lots more shiny fun!
Nick is known for his love of oddballs. Some great ones here from the late 70s/early 80s, with some big name stars.
Lots of vintage oddballs too! I was just noticing the other day that Tony Horton was one of the 1969 stamps I still needed. He is notable for not signing a contract with Topps and having very few cards.
Like many Dime Boxes post, I'm traveling further back in time deeper into the post. Here are three 1960s Senators, and a very nice conditioned 1967 Topps Joe Morgan - I already have a copy, so it makes for some fine trade bait.
Some Detroit Tigers legends, and two of the best players of their era who are not in the Hall of Fame. Harvey Kuenn led the AL in hits four times. Norm Cash did it once, and hit 377 home runs.
Nick often ends his post with a big-time vintage star card, so I'll do the same. 1961 Harmon Killebrew! I have very few cards of HOFers pre-1964, and Killebrew was one of the biggest stars in the American League throughout the 1960s and early 1970s.


4 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I've got something from Nick but his trade packages always have a really great variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed everything! I have a weird affinity for those late '80s/early '90s unlicensed oddballs as well. And if nothing else, figured the Killebrew might be a good placeholder until you could get an un-scribbled-upon copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually like Inception a lot when I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one of those Nick packages, too! ... Expect a post on it in like 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete