Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Cards and stamps from Johnny

Johnny's Trading Spot has more people doing the daily contests, these days, so I'm not winning once a week anymore, but I'm glad more cards are being spread out around more winners. Here is my latest prize package.

Here is some of what was in the envelope. Six Yankees and a Twin. I needed the Twin (Liriano) as well as the Jeter and the Richardson. All really nice cards though, especially that Matt Nokes hologram. He was one of the few fun players on some bad Yankees teams.

A couple of stamps with iconic ballplayers in iconic poses.
This card I was most excited about. In the early 90s, The Wiz (NYC-area electronics chain) put out a huge set of cards of every Yankee who had played for the team from the 1950s through the 1980s, I think they were stadium giveaways. These are very large sets, and yet somehow I had never owned one until now. Mickey Rivers was my dad's favorite player on the late 70's Yankees teams, he used to joke that he was going to name me after him. So for my first Wiz card, this is definitely a special one.


4 comments:

  1. That is really cool, must have been meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivers Rosny has a nice ring to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen this Wiz set. Love the design... and I'm a fan of any set that was distributed as panels.

    ReplyDelete