Thursday, June 17, 2021

Baseball card story from Scott Marrett

Scott Marrett pitched in the Angels organization in 1985 and 1986, going 11-11 with a 4.42 ERA. After his playing career he had a career in education marketing, and he is now a Forest Ranger at Mesa Falls, Idaho. He is also the baseball coach at North Fremont High School. He kindly responded to my questions about his baseball card experiences with pictures and a story.

"I’ve got an interesting card that’s quite a story...In ‘86 Palm Springs with the Angels they had a Smokey Bear promotion so we each took a pic with Smokey and they produced a team set. Fast forward 35 years later and I’m a ranger with the Forest Service here in Idaho, funny world me & Smokey lol..."



 

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I guess we know now why you bought that lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool story. I like how he added an "lol" at the end of the sentence there.

    ReplyDelete