Monday, December 17, 2018

'70s lots

Here are the 70s lots (and one '60s) from yesterday's post in greater detail. As you can see there is a lot of duplication in these. My idea (I hope it was a good one) is that these lots would fill lots of my needs and also provide lots of trade fodder.

'76 I'm still far enough away from completion that a lot like this made sense. Until this lot I didn't have one of the multi-player rookie cards, other than the Randolph rookie I just got. All of the '70s sets were minor stars - i.e. the guys in between commons and HOFers.
 The '73 lot was big enough that I had to break it down in two photos.
 Check out the Jim Kaat batting card. Got four or five of that and many others.
 '72s. It's pretty late again and I'm not fixing the photos that are sideways. Doesn't really matter anyway, does it?
 Lot's of '71s too, but I managed to squeeze it into one photo.
 Lot's of 1970. There's '69 World Series hero Ron Swoboda on the bottom left. His book "The Catch" comes out June 25.
 Finally, the '61s. I had very few cards from this set so most of these I will need, but even here there was some duplication. This seems to be the most underrated vintage set - it's a nice clean design with some beautiful photography, but it doesn't get the kind of love that similar sets like '57, '62 and '67 do. While this was mostly commons, there are some pretty big names like Billy Pierce, Elmer Valo and Luis Arroyo.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff! I'll email you about a potential trade tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice haul of vintage. You're def. on a run.

    ReplyDelete