Friday, November 23, 2018

Trade with Night Owl

Got some awesome cards in a trade with Night Owl. He's turning into more of a vintage guy and less of a Dodgers guy, and I sent him some needs from 1967 and 1970. He sent me a really great return package.

You know a package is going to be awesome when you see non-standard-size vintage - that means cards from the mid-1950s! Some cool stuff from '54, '55, '59, '60 and '61 here.
 Some beautiful '62s, including my first vintage Moose Skowron.
 Some more from the mid-60s to the early '70s. Two '64 KC Athletics showing two completely different uniforms.
 A real nice selection from '73, with some beautiful photography and a Hall-of-Famer.
 One more vintage card, a Kellogg Lou Brock. The Kluber relic card was from Night Owl's recent giveaway. I missed out on the vintage there but got what I thought was the nicest modern card in the draft. I really like the snowflake design and Kluber is one of the best pitchers in the league. When I got this card in the draft I was also excited because of the rumors that the Yankees might trade for him, but it looks like that's not happening now.
 Finally, a few modern set-filling needs.
Thanks, Night Owl!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Go vintage!

    I hadn't heard that Kluber rumor. The Indians need to hold on to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hope those Kluber rumors aren't true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had the pleasure of trading with NO but if this is any indication I'm missing out for sure. The KC A's cards are cool, but I'm partial to the Labine and Spooner.

    ReplyDelete