Thursday, March 22, 2018

Brent Hoard on baseball cards

Brent Hoard pitched in the Twins organization from 1998 to 2003. In 133 games he went 41-37 with a 3.94 ERA. Now an attorney in the privacy and cybersecurity practice at the law firm Fenwick & West, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.


- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?

Being on a baseball card was the realization of a childhood dream.  In 2003, I remember walking into a gas station that was selling Upper Deck packs.  After looking at the display, it sunk in that I could buy a pack and might find one of my own cards. It was an incredible experience that brought back many fond memories of opening wax packs with my brother.     

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
I have always liked my 2003 SPx Spectrum Rookies card from Upper Deck.
- Do you collect baseball cards?
I used to be an avid collector, but my career and family are at the forefront now.  I’m excited to share my collection with my girls when they are a bit older.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment