Sunday, January 7, 2018

My first Twitter trade

I'm really more of a blogs guy than a Twitter guy, but I recently completed my first Twitter trade and it was a really good one. The name, One Million Cubs Project, intrigued me, and as I love big trades I was glad to do one where about 1,000 cards changed hands, 500 Cubs to him, 500 Yankees to me. Here are some highlights:

 Really nice photo on this 1977 TCMA. 

Nice Joe Girardi card. A bit of editorializing - the Yankees situation looks a lot like the New York Giants two years ago, when they fired their old-school but successful head coach in favor of an inexperienced "innovator". It worked horribly for the Giants; hopefully Aaron Boone is better than Ben McAdoo.
 
 Love this sparkly shiny "points of light" refractor (I forget what they are actually called).
 Great photograph, love the shadow.
 This is one of the shiniest cards I've seen. There were lots of parallels in this package.
 I love unlicensed cards from the 80s.
This is a great card - it's a promotional card for Billy Martin's autobiography. The design is a ripoff of 1978 Topps manager cards.
My only quibble in this great package was that there were a lot of duplicates - any other Yankee collectors who want to trade, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment