Saturday, January 6, 2018

Keith Ramsey on baseball cards

Keith Ramsey pitched five seasons of professional baseball, in the Indians, Phillies, Diamondbacks, Rockies and Rangers organizations. In 83 games he went 34-24 with a 4.06 ERA. Now the head baseball coach at Mira Costa High School in California, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I think my favorite card would have to be my Bowman Rookie Card and all of the different iterations/colors that came with it. The irony is I don’t remember taking the picture. I could have sworn it was an Indians picture they superimposed. Might be forgetting but I have zero recollection of that shoot. I collected some of my own team sets as well as when I was a kid. My favorite players were Darryl Strawberry, Deion Sanders and Ken Griffey Jr so I had a few of those. Also as a guy that never got past AAA it is always cool to see a card of yourself. Sometimes it feels like a little bit of validation that we did play at a high level and this isn’t just a distant memory. I appreciate it now but think I will appreciate it even more as I age."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment