Sunday, November 9, 2014

Charles Gipson on baseball cards

Outfielder Charles Gipson played for the Mariners, Yankees, Devil Rays and Astros from 1998 to 2005. In 373 games he hit .237 with 0 HR, 30 RBI and 16 SB. Now the Chairman of Children 4 Tomorrow, which provides counseling, legal assistance and mentoring to school-age children in the Houston area, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Collecting cards as a kids was a passion for me. I was fortunate enough to grow up as family friends with Garry Templeton, shortstop for the Padres.  So my love for baseball started at an early age looking at his cards and big league bats.  It was exciting for me to finally see my own Topps baseball card in 2002.  When you look down and see your own card, it's one of those reflective 'I made it' moments."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment