Monday, September 1, 2014

Darren Blakely on baseball cards

Outfielder Darren Blakely played eight seasons in the Angels, Yankees, Padres and White Sox organizations. In 904 games he hit .247 with 115 HR and 456 RBI. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I really don't have a good story to tell about the cards other than I've always enjoyed signing for the fans. I was a player who really appreciated the fans because I was in their seats at one time. I think out of all my cards I've had taken...I might be missing two. I wanted to keep one of each to show my son and give him guidance for whatever he wants to do. I used to collect cards growing up but wasn't living in a good area and they were vandalized."

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. I love these posts! It is so cool to hear from the players on the cards.

    ReplyDelete