Thursday, August 28, 2014

Player Profile: Jeremy Bonderman

I have thirteen Jeremy Bonderman cards. This one is from 2004 Bowman. 

Playing career: Jeremy Bonderman pitched in 225 games from 2003 to 2013, all but seven of them with the Tigers. He went 69-81 with a 4.91 ERA, putting up decent numbers for some mediocre (and one very good) Tiger teams in the mid-00’s before injuries ruined his career.

Where he is now: Bonderman is out of baseball and lives in a mansion on the Columbia River in Franklin County, WA. Last month he was asked by the county to remove some illegal vegetation blocking pedestrian access to the river. Bonderman’s response: "I don't give a (expletive) if they walk down there, but I'm not going to rip out the bushes and stuff."

My memories: I remember him as one of the very few good players on the weak Tigers teams pre-2006. I know he beat the Yankees in the last game of the 2006 ALDS – if I remember correctly, it was a weekday day game and I was at worked and was spared the misery of watching it.

Google Autocomplete results: He is second when you type Jeremy Bo, between Jeremy Bobb, an actor, and Jeremy Boal, Chief Medical Officer at Mt. Sinai Hospital. There do not appear to be any other prominent Jeremy Bondermans.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Barry Bonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment