Friday, February 28, 2014

Chip Ambres on baseball cards

Outfielder Chip Ambres played eleven seasons of professional baseball, including three years in the major leagues. His best season was 2005, when he hit .241 with 4 HR and 9 RBI in 53 games for the Royals. Now a baseball instructor at Chip Ambres Youth Sports and Marucci Baseball USA in Houston, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Regarding the baseball cards, it was one of my high points in playing professional baseball. As a kid I collected baseball cards and still to this day I have those same cards. When I received my cards for the first time I was in spring training in my hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida autographing a bundle of cards. The 1999 Bowman rookie card of me robbing a home run is my favorite, and still to this day I have mail coming in for me to autograph cards. It's a very humbling experience and that's one of the things that keeps me connected to the game of baseball!"
Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment