Friday, November 12, 2021

Oddball lot

I purchased three little oddball lots from a seller who had a lot going at once with combined shipping. I was hoping for some vintage lots but struck out on those. I'm happy with the oddballs I landed, though.

Here's a 1988 Angels Smokey Bear set. Really nice design here, I'd say this is one of the best-looking sets to come out in '88.

Going back ten years, here's a 1978 Phoenix Giants set. I love the '70s Pepsi logo. Greg "Moon Man" Minton is in both sets.

I had to highlight the card of GM Ethan Blackaby, who used to play for the Milwaukee Braves. I love the contrast between the clean-cut 1962 look and the wilder 1978 look, especially the shirt with the soda bottle design.

Finally, a mixed oddball lot. Here's part of it - I love the early '90's Denny's cards like that Cecil Fielder. I already had the Post 500 Home Run club card so they're available for trade.

Here's the rest. There was most of a 2019 Topps National Baseball Card Day Angels team set. For such a lousy team they have some of the biggest stars in baseball. Apologies to Mike Trout, but Ohtani was the guy I was most excited to get. There were a variety of other cards I had already that will go in my trade boxes, most notably the '91 Leaf Nolan Ryan.




3 comments:

  1. Someone sent me that Ethan Blackaby recently, and I don't think I've ever seen a card that screams '70s!!! more than that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Coke shirt is (insert fire emoji here)!

    ReplyDelete