Friday, September 17, 2021

Vive la difference

Sometimes it's cheaper to get vintage O-Pee-Chee than vintage Topps. In particular there seems to be a lot of 1970 O-Pee-Chee floating around recently. I was able to pick up a 100-card lot quite cheaply.

The fronts are the same as Topps fronts, so I focused on some highlights from the cartoons on the backs.

On Roy White's cartoon the sign is in French.

But on Freddie Patek's, it stays in English.

The word bubble on Ron Reed's card is in both languages.

The "Topps" pun doesn't quite translate in French.
Finally, a combat de cocs cartoon which would be considered quite inappropriate today.





5 comments:

  1. Wow, really? I never seem to find old O-Pee-Chee out there. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage OPC baseball, but don't see them very often. Guess that's why I assumed it was more pricey than vintage Topps. Glad to hear certain years are more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I prefer the OPC cards where you can tell something's different on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everyone else....love those vintage OPC, and the 75' mini's too. working on all of those sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Jeff, I never see vintage OPC anywhere. Good on you for finding this deal!

    ReplyDelete