Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Sam Freeman on baseball cards

 Sam Freeman pitched for six major league teams from 2014 to 2020. In 271 games, all in relief, he went 8-7 with a 3.58 ERA, striking out 232 batters in 233.2 innings. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don’t currently collect cards but I used to. A few years ago I went through the collection and the card that I like the most, even though it’s not in great shape is of Torii Hunter from when he was with the GCL Twins. As for stories of cards of myself, the very first card that came out of myself was after I was drafted, it was a Donruss “school colors” version. I’d probably say that’s my favorite just because it was the first time I was on a playing card. The crustache I was rocking in the photo was terrible and is something I’ve jokingly asked how my teammates allowed me to have hahaha." 


Thanks!


1 comment: