Thursday, May 25, 2017

Wallet Card at Broasted Foods

This was a bit of a lucky find. I was walking past a deli on 33rd street that was getting its outer wall paneling replaced. I happened to be walking by at just the right time to see this old sign, briefly visible before it was covered up again. I didn't know what the picture was and ended up having to do quite a bit of research to figure out what it was. Turns out is an old logo - 1970s or 1980s - for a still existing company now called Broaster Foods (the logo here stays Broasted Foods). The company, which uses a unique method of frying chicken, now has an all-red logo instead of the very-70s yellow, brown and orange shown here. At some point 30 or 40 years ago a previous eatery at this spot would have sold this kind of chicken.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the oddball old stuff you find on a regular basis. I don't comment often enough to express my appreciation.

    ReplyDelete