Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Roger Erickson on baseball cards

Roger Erickson pitched for the Twins and Yankees from 1978 to 1983. In 135 games he went 35-53 with a 4.13 ERA. Now the owner of the Erickson Baseball School in Clarkesville, GA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"cameramen always would take pictures early in the morning in spring training when everyone was not ready. Also they always wanted you do a goofy pose so I started giving them just the stretch position pose.
Favorite card - probably the Twins card of me throwing and unshaven for 3 weeks - I did not have much growth on my face though. Can not grow a beard - Ha I do not collect other than extra given to me but my Dad collected from the time I was in big leagues."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment