Thursday, October 8, 2015

Jarred Holloway on baseball cards

Jarred Holloway was the Astros' tenth-round draft pick in 2008. Unfortunately he only appeared in thirteen minor league games as his career was cut short due to injuries. He now co-owns his family business, a machine shop specializing in parts for nuclear plants and motorcycles (see more below). He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I think I have a handful of my own cards tucked in a drawer somewhere. I used to collect them as a child, with my father. He had an expansive enough collection that he sold them and purchased his first home when I was a small child.
I, along with my father, own a machine shop that specializes in the nuclear industry. We design and build parts for nuclear plants all over the world. Predominately in nuclear security and radiation shielding. Along with that, we have a line of aftermarket custom motorcycle parts that we manufacture.

It was a shame that my arm broke down on me, but that's all a part of the game. I'm thankful I had the chance to play the game that I love professionally, and that it afforded me the opportunity to open a business."

Thanks!

1 comment: