Saturday, May 9, 2015

The free bag

I mentioned the other day I picked up a bag of free cards from a guy on Craigslist. There was a lot of junk wax and basketball that was useless, but definitely enough cool stuff to be worth the subway ride. Here are some highlights:

What an awesome card this one is. It's a Yankees minor league oddball of a type I had never seen. Who knew there were palm trees in Albany, NY? This picture must have been taken when Jean was with Fort Lauderdale. I love how much of the street you can see behind the ballpark, including the Amoco station and the mall sign for a Target and a Home Depot.
 "Strikeout" seems pretty apt for Bobby Bonilla.
 Love this awesome Bernie Williams card.
 I have lots of the league leader minis from 1986-1988, but very few of the '89s and '90s, so was excited to get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment