Saturday, November 17, 2012

Carlos Subero on baseball cards

Infielder Carlos Subero played five seasons in the Royals, Pirates and Rangers organizations. He has since gone on to a lengthy career as a minor league manager, currently with the Dodgers AA team in Chattanooga. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

-Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
Once when I was a fan, a pitcher for Leones del Caracas in winter ball, called Don Heinkel, wrote John 3:16 on his baseball card. I was a kid and it impacted me that players could share their faith on a baseball card with a verse. Now a days is something I do.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
I used to be a big collector, even as a player, the first thing I would look up was where were the baseball card shops. I collected different ones, Ozzie Guillen was my favorite, Ozzie Smith, Tony Fernandez, Roberto Alomar and Eric Davis.
- Do you collect baseball cards?
Not anymore, but I do keep my collection in Venezuela, in great condition.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment