Saturday, May 5, 2012

Player Profile: Brad Arnsberg

I have thirteen cards of Brad Arnsberg. This one is from 1988 Topps.

Playing career: Brad Arnsberg pitched for the Yankees, Rangers and Indians from 1986 to 1992. His best season was 1990, when he went 6-1 with 5 saves and a 2.15 ERA for Texas.

Where he is now: A pitching coach for the Marlins, Blue Jays and most recently Astros, who fired him last June.

My memories: I remember him as a well-regarded Yankee prospect in the 1980s; one of many who ended up having greater success in another uniform.

Interesting stories: I wrote to him last year for his baseball card stories. He declined to participate but wished me good luck on my project.

Google Autocomplete results: He is fifth when you type Brad Ar, between Brad Arnold Divorce, referring to the marital problems of the singer from 3 Doors Down, and Brad Aronstam, an attorney in Delaware. There don’t appear to be any other prominent Brad Arnsbergs.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Rene Arocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment