Friday, October 29, 2010

Orange Crush

Yesterday I got my contest winnings from I Don't Know...3rd Base! I knew I was getting this Atlee Hammaker autograph card, and it's interesting to see how tiny he managed to make his 13-letter name.

I was surprised to get a bunch of other bonus Giants as well! The most interesting was probably this card, which must be an error card, because whoever this short-haired pitcher is, it's certainly not Tim Lincecum - everyone knows he has a long mane.

What an appropriate day to get these cards, as the Giants won Game 2 of the World Series. I was originally going to use one of the football Giants nicknames for this post, but given the baseball Giants colors and the way they've stomped on Texas so far, (20 runs in two games - the Yankees only managed 20 runs in the entire 6-game ALCS! This World Series is making the Yankees look even worse.), I decided that the Denver Broncos old nickname was more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment