Wednesday, August 19, 2026

A sweet dessert

Two days, two inexpensive vintage dessert oddballs. Royal Desserts printed cards on the sides of their gelatin dessert boxes in the early 1950s, kind of a precursor to a more famous gelatin brand doing the same in the early 1960s.

Another eBay stumble-across, was about $5. The dot-matrix look of the alliterative star Ferris Fain is cool. One thing I really like is the old "New York 46" postal code. I found a map of Manhattan postal codes online and there were only 35; I'm guessing higher numbers were only for PO Boxes. 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've never heard of these before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat. I've never heard of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool when you can pull historic stuff like older postal codes from vintage cards like this. I have this Shibe Park relic card featuring Fain in my A's collection. Honestly didn't know much about him. Thanks to this post and card, I learned that his father was a thorough bread rider and that Ferris spent time in the military.

    ReplyDelete