Once again I decided to knock out the set by getting it all at once, a collated box from eBay for $30, so less than a dime a card.
As usual there is a lot of sameness to the photo selection, but I was able to find some interesting cards. That Wyatt Langford card looks like a pretty good double play photo, except he's an outfielder!I thought that Eric Wagaman card was a poorly photoshopped Marlins uniform - I forgot that's what the Twins uniform looks like these days. The Mike Tauchman card is definitely an AI uniform, though. My first thought on seeing the card was HoJo! Really looks like him there. And I had to include Trent Grisham who had a big day today, two HRs.The JP Crawford card is a true DP card, with as high a leap as you'll ever see. Cool that there are separate cards for Ohtani as a hitter and a pitcher. He's at that level where you have to show his card whenever you get one. And that card at the bottom that looks like generic "players signing autographs" is actually Mike Trout and Zach Neto ripping packs. Which is a great idea for a card but lousy execution because you can barely see the cards.Overall not bad. Not nearly as good as cards used to be, but better than a couple of years ago. Speaking about finding something to like about modern cards, I have never liked any of the "city connect" alternate uniforms. Until I saw this Astros uniform that looks like an astronaut's spacesuit. That would be awesome if it was Houston's regular uniform.




I still need a few. I wish that I had just stuck to my plans to buy the complete set. Hard to do when you get almost near sets for extremely cheap, lol.
ReplyDeleteI pulled that Tauchman card last weekend and noted how terrible the uniform was.
ReplyDeleteI struggled to spot airbrushing for decades. Now card companies are using AI? That's just dandy.
ReplyDelete